Monday, December 10, 2012

Finals Week.

Bleh. I had a final at 7 a.m. this morning—Monday, the first day of finals. Usually my profs show a little mercy when finals are scheduled at 7 a.m. and don't make us come in until 8 or later. No such luck this semester! Although the class falls within my best subject area (historical English), I was not adequately prepared. And by that, I mean I probably didn't get a nearly perfect score. Poor me. Ah well, I had better things to do this weekend—like hang out with my crazy-busy boyfriend (not my crazy, busy boyfriend, although one could argue that his status as my boyfriend must entail insanity on his part). Plz don't think I'm shallow or anything—I just rarely get to see him these days cuz he's so occupado and I will take the chance when I get it. Somethings are more important than other things.

My finals week isn't that horrible this time 'round—prolly because I am only taking two classes, what a silly slacker I am. Granted, while Middle English isn't that bad, Advanced Semantics is kicking my undersized tushy. I spend hours to get through twenty pages of reading for that class. So I think it counts as two classes. Maybe three.

These are my last two official linguistics classes. Now I am done with my coursework; on to my thesis! Woooooooot. And like such as.

This morn, after my sleep-deprived head attempted to wrap itself around and somehow translate early Middle English texts, I got my Middle English paper back from my prof. This paper is actually prolly the worst I've ever written, grad or undergrad. Maybe even since high school. The poorness of the paper can be blamed on unwarranted procrastination and sleep deprivation. So anyway I was expecting a horrible grade, but ended up getting a 97%. With a little note on the back from the prof basically saying, "so, Sara, we both know this paper is awful and I am doing you a favor with this grade, but this is probably the least crappy paper in a stinky pile of crappier papers. Congrats for sucking the least."


Heh, go me. Too bad school isn't only about grades. Wish I'd figured that out sooner, but whatevs.

PEACE.

No comments: