"well, that smell got inter ther papers. ther evenin' organ was quite excited erbout it." -The OED (retained for Melissa's reading pleazhure)
Well, its time to say good night to the evening news organ. Now I'm quite new to the blogosphere, but According to Natalie's friend Carrie, a good blog MUST have a good theme--a hook, if you will. Something to unify it into a cohesive whole. (I would go on about this, but I think that's enough.) My two faithful blog readers have seen that the theme of this beautiful, fantastic blog centered around my job at the BYU library making an index of 19th century newspapers. I loved this job, but alas, it is over. No more. I quit.
Because, well, I'm going on a mission. To Kennewick, oh beautiful Kennewick.
I was awfully sad to leave my job, and consequently my sources and inspiration for this beautiful blog.
But I think I have a good reason.
Anyway. So this blog needs a new purpose. My darling roommates suggested just such a purpose: my mission. I am reporting on Jan 23, which is in less than one month. I have many friends and family and loved ones who (I hope) wish to follow my progress and keep in touch with me as I am gone. I will attempt to correspond faithfully with everyone who writes to me, but I can only promise consistent correspondence with my immediate family, and perhaps with my love. SO I will persuade my darling sister (or mother, or whoever is up to the task) to update this blog with my letters, emails, pictures, etc whilst I am gone.
Until my departure, I guess I will discuss my preparations and other things on my mind.
That is all.
Love,
Sister Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment