Thursday, December 27, 2007

The New Female Costume, Part 2

A continuation of an idea set forth in the late evening news organ.

I tried to go shopping for missionary clothes a few times while in Utah, assuming that they would have the best selection. I don't know why I felt such a rush--I was nervous, I wanted to get everything before I left, etc. Besides, who sells modest things in San Diego? Seriously.

Anyway. I got a thin black skirt, two sweater vests, and a nice wool winter coat in Provo. But a missionary needs much more that. Of course.

Mom and Loll and I hit the sales racks on Boxing Day. And we found a lot of things to buy: five skirts, two blazers, a sweater, and a white blouse. And shoes. (expensive! very, very expensive.) The best place to find clothes, I've discovered, is JC Penny's. They have a lot of professional wear (I sound like a commercial) that is very appropriate for missionaries. When I was checking out, the cashier said "Wow, I don't ever see anybody buy long skirts." Well, well. well. Sister Smith certainly buys long skirts.

Here pictures of my new gear:



Two blazers and winter coat.


Shirt and sweaters. I think I need to add more color to my wardrobe...

Skirts. Pretty, of course. Five of them. I have one more thin black one that falls off unless I pin it to my slip. Its because I don't have a butt, in case you were wondering.

My shoe. Made by Dansko. Very comfortable, and wonderful.

My sweater vests are somewhere in limbo between my Utah and San Diego homes, otherwise I'd post them because they are so beautiful.

4 comments:

Mel said...

Love it!
Thanks for the pictures. I felt I couldn't accurately picture what kinds of sexy clothes you'll be wearing, but now I can.
It's my goal in life to use the word 'sexy' in every blog comment I make.

Rachel said...

Sara, Dansko shoes are the best! You're going to love them.

I can't believe you're actually going!!!

weaselby said...

I have Danskos, too!!! I love your plaid-y skirt. I want one. But I can't figure out what color combo to do. Do you think that brown skirts and black shoes look tacky together?? I can't decide. It's a dark brown skirt. I don't want to get brown shoes.

juli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.